|Location:||Toledo, OH||Country:||United States||Job Code:||2978||Position Type:||Hourly|
Founded in 1847,
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a
major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located
in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the
Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of
safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with
operating and financial transparency. For more information, visithttp://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity
with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back
The Instrumentation and Controls
Technician will provide electrical, instrumentation and controls support to fixed plant assets. This
position will apply instrumentation and controls knowledge in the identification and resolution of technical
problems on a wide range of electrical equipment.
- Report any unsafe condition or situation that would compromise the integrity of any
- Inspect and keep tools and work area in clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Install, calibrate, and troubleshoot electrical or instrument devices including pressure,
flow, level temperature, and density transmitters, PLC/DCS hardware, software, and controls.
- Support a wide range of communication protocols, networks, and radio telemetry including
ethernet I/O, device level rings, ethernet radios, serial radios, modbus and OPC.
- Receive verbal
and/or written instructions from Supervision in the form of work orders, permits to work, hot work, confined
space, and isolation procedures to safely complete work, including paper work and feedback to Supervision on
execution of tasks.
- Maintain scheduled preventative maintenance programs on instrumentation and electrical
- Read and interpret electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic,
and instrumentation drawings, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Maintain and record accurate records with relation to shut down and safety critical
- Maintain all required documentation for process safety management.
- Be willing and
interested in learning additional skills beyond traditional electrical and instrumentation skills to become a
- Plan work procedures and layout work.
consequences of equipment failure and repair errors. Participate in defect elimination and continuous improvement
- Assist electrical, mechanical, and operating personnel to efficiently maintain and operate
- Associates Degree in engineering or related field. May consider equivalent
- 1-3 years of plant-level experience in Electrical and Instrumentation devices, preferably
with electrical control systems in the petrochemical, metals, or mineral processing industry
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of advanced controls systems (DCS, PLC, LCI,
- Understanding of one line diagrams, schematics, logic drawings, engineering documents,
technical and reference materials required
- Understanding of PLC Programming including ladder logic, function block, and structured
- Understanding of various networks and protocols
- Understanding of Industry Specific Standards such as NEC, API, and DOT
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Possess knowledge of current controls practices, procedures standards, and
- Familiar with a variety of process control concepts
- Wiring techniques
- Ability to safely use hand held tools
- Occasionally lifting up to 25lbs
- Mobility required. Must be able to handle stairs and long
periods of work on your feet
- Routinely exposed to plant environment including noise, dust,
dirt and vibrations, extreme climate changes / changes in weather
- Work at heights
- Willing to work shift work and assist in other areas of
department or site as needed