|Location:||Forbes, MN||Country:||United States||Job Code:||2718||Position Type:||Salary|
Founded in 1847,
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a
major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located
in Michigan and Minnesota. Additionally, we operate an iron ore mining complex in Western Australia. By 2020,
Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development
of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and
capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency.
For more information, visithttp://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with
Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back
ROLE PURPOSE:Use condition monitoring tools and analysis
to provide timely and accurate work identification to improve the reliability of the assigned department’s
Understand the elements of the Cliffs’
Maintenance Process/Operations Standards (MPS) and the General Repair Improvement Process (GRIP); execute work in
accordance with these standards and guidelines.
- Identify Operations/Maintenance issues that
may affect the department and either assign actions to correct these issues or elevate to
- Monitor and improve the predictive and
preventative maintenance programs in the department. Develop or improve routes and intervals, coordinate with
vendor or internal technicians, adjust as needed based on pareto analysis, initiate work orders as needed to plan
and schedule repairs.
- Analyze repetitive failures and improve the
maintenance design to reduce or eliminate failures.
- Conduct FMEA and design maintenance programs for new equipment
- Ensure that all critical equipment has a preventive maintenance (PM) checklist and that
the work packages are current. Work with maintenance planners to review and adjust PM checklists, optimize
intervals and content to improve the preventive maintenance processes to eliminate unscheduled equipment
- Facilitate RCA investigations as directed by
section manager. Gather group of subject matter experts, and walk them through a process to determine the root
cause of a failure.
- Provide information to the weekly planning
meeting to assist planners and schedulers to help prioritize maintenance work based on reliability
- Perform comprehensive analysis on
lubrication and vibration data and report out on significant findings to operations and maintenance
- Conduct parts investigation on reliability
findings after change out to look for opportunities to improve the PDM programs.
- Monitor and improve the Delays Tracking System to allow for detailed pareto analysis and
accurate analysis of unscheduled equipment downtime and component failure. Develop reports to identify and
communicate improvement opportunities.
- Analyze data from the DAS and communicate opportunities to section leadership. Identify
opportunities for improvement and areas for further investigation. Communicate those
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance
and operating departments as requested. This may include troubleshooting potential issue raised by operations or
maintenance. Use reliability tools to assess the situation and communicate results to the department for
- Oversee the sampling program and data
analysis of the lubrication program. Setup sampling intervals, prepare and ship samples to the lab, and review
results as they come in from the lab. Write work orders on findings from the lab analysis
- A four year degree (technical
preferred), or equivalent relevant work experience with the commitment to obtaining a
years of related heavy industry experience.
- Experience/knowledge in mining and mine
engineering processes and systems.
- Experience/knowledge in maintenance and reliability processes and
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods, including the Theory of
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Demonstrated professional presentation
- Proficiency in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (Work Order, Standard Jobs,
APL’s, Equipment Register, and Scheduling modules).
- Ability to demonstrate how a particular task
is to be done and, if necessary, coach while it is being done.
success in developing complex budgets
- Demonstrated effective decision making
consistent with the budget in the day-to-day management of the Area.
- Proficiency in project management tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency in computer skills in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Project, Power
- Demonstrated ability to
effectively influence people in levels below, peer, and above for effective short-term and long-term
to create an Area culture that establishes positive behavioral principles on how people should treat one
- Professional language used appropriately on and off the job.
- Demonstrates and fosters the challenging of
the status quo.
- Conveys an understanding and a sense of value for the quality of work done by direct
reports and its relevant purpose to the organization to provide people in those roles with a rationale for their
others to achieve organization goals through the creation of a local environment where individuals and teams are
motivated and able to thrive.
- Demonstrates and rewards behaviors consistent with the core values of Cliffs
- Has shown that they recognize and
value the contribution this role, as designed, provides to the performance of the
- Takes an
energetic approach to both on-the-job and off-the-job activities and community
- Demonstrates through example the ability to professionally push boundaries, establish
stretch goals and "put oneself on the line."
- Ability to construct, implement,
fine-tune, and optimize systems and practices to provide stability and change over time (0 - 2
to respond to the requirements of particular situations, cases, or people in such a way that both the underlying
issues/complexities are dealt with and the normal flow of work is restored.
- Ability to provide framework for projects
that may take up to 18 months to complete and evaluate.
- Demonstrates the understanding of the
changing needs of internal and external customers, work teams, and situations and can make adjustments for
unforeseen events through the use of individual and physical resources within their
- Ability to perform analysis from actual data and trends, and provide recommended
solutions including contingencies and alternatives