|Location:||Cleveland, OH||Country:||United States||Job Code:||2759||Position Type:||Salary|
Founded in 1847,
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a
major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located
in Michigan and Minnesota. Additionally, we operate an iron ore mining complex in Western Australia. By 2020,
Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development
of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and
capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency.
For more information, visithttp://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with
Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back
This position is responsible for all architecture and design of network infrastructure at Cleveland-Cliffs. In this
job the incumbent will run projects to integrate enterprise network infrastructure components, and will ensure
that network and wireless designs meet and exceed the needs and specifications of Cleveland-Cliffs.
This role is responsible for integrating network, wireless, and data center components into an enterprise
infrastructure to deliver business solutions and applications to a vast array of over 1000 network devices and
2,500+ end users. This person leads projects in excess of > $1 million, working with project teams across many
different technical disciplines.
The Senior Network Architect provides technical leadership to project team members, and creates and maintain
relationships with other departments such as Field Services, Application Services as well as business units.
The incumbent formulates, proposes, recommends and presents network technology solutions to the corporate and
mine-site leadership. This position will also be responsible for insuring governance of network components within
the budgetary cycle to insure proper technology refresh occurs as items reach end-of-life.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs strategic planning, evaluation, certification, and sets direction for all network infrastructures
across the organization. Validates designs during testing cycles and transfers knowledge as part of project
- Leads engineering and other peer team members and the position includes budgeting and
estimating responsibilities for projects. Shares knowledge and develops skills of team members through coaching
- Possesses excellent communication and technical accounting skills.
- Maintains and
develops deep technical skills to keep current in network technology, along with lead level skills for these
technologies. Expected to maintain "senior knowledge" status on hardware expertise at all times. Fulfills
technical leadership duties as required.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of current Cleveland-Cliffs
standards, policies, procedures and audit requirements.
- Ability to communicate across multiple departments
and to various team members as required, as well as members of Cleveland-Cliffs technical and project management
- Administers configuration, performance tuning, capacity planning, problem resolution, and
troubleshooting functions for network applications, equipment, and systems.
- Designs, implements and
supports wireless technologies and network security infrastructures such as distributed
- Effectively able to diagnose/troubleshoot across various network
- Initiates and maintains contact with vendor representatives and technical support regarding
implementation of fixes and upgrades to meet reliability and availability requirements.
- Setting design
requirements and criteria for new technology (such as SDWAN or other emerging technologies) for network
infrastructure strategies and/or replacement of legacy equipment.
- Analyzes, designs, and program viable
solutions to somewhat complex business problems according to user specifications.
- Leads (small to large)
projects, including managing tasks and directing activities of other internal and external network engineers
and/or coordinates resources for field support.
- Participates in system and acceptance testing procedures.
Tests and implements system changes using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Interact and
negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
with customers as required by project objectives.
- Provides technical assistance to users and other IT
resources when needed.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Manager of Infrastructure and Security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering required but will accept 10+ years of experience
instead of degree with CCNP.
- Related industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of mining
business and systems a plus.
- Twelve to twenty years of industry experience including network, wireless, and security system integration and
infrastructure design within a corporate IT environment following a project life cycle
- Extensive experience with data center network equipment is required (Cisco Nexus 7k and 5k
experience highly desired) and enterprise class network deployments to redundant data centers using Cisco OTV will
be favored in a candidate.
- Experience designing and deploying F5 load balancers and Palo Alto
- Previous experience with network monitoring tools with a preference given to both Solarwinds
and Thousand Eyes.
- Technical hands-on implementation experience delivering enterprise projects for
business departments and/or organizations.
- At least 10 years’ experience designing and maintaining
wide area file acceleration systems (Riverbed Steelhead is preferred).
- Strong knowledge in IP protocols
and address management. Working knowledge of server administration is preferred.
- Experience with
large/enterprise wireless deployments that leverage controller based management and wireless network security
policy and control (experience with Aruba ClearPass highly desired).
- Ability to lead and troubleshoot
across multiple network technologies/hardware platforms.
- Proven experience documenting systems
configurations, processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of
non-technical constituents, both internal and external.
- Willingness and ability to commute between
Cleveland and Canton on an as needed basis
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, including international
travel, and be flexible to work various hours to accommodate international business needs
- Successful candidate must be detail oriented, well organized, assertive, and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have outstanding
presentation skills to present projects and designs other team members and to management team.
and strong interpersonal skills; results-driven, team player.
- Creative problem solving and analytical
- Candidates should be highly motivated and willing to learn new practices as required.
be able to effectively communicate with customers, peers and management.