|Location:||Cleveland, OH||Country:||United States||Job Code:||3028||Position Type:||Salary|
Founded in 1847,
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a
major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located
in Michigan and Minnesota. By 2020, Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the
Great Lakes region with the development of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of
safety, social, environmental and capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with
operating and financial transparency. For more information, visithttp://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity
with Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back
Summary of Principle Functions
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise
Services, the Manager Network and Communication Services provides strategic vision and architectural guidance on
the design formulation, integration, maintenance, and life cycle management of all enterprise network
infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and services.
This position is responsible for
coordinating the configuration, installation, optimization, and daily operation of the network, wireless, and
telecommunication components that comprise the enterprise infrastructure. The manager is also responsible for
setting and meeting performance SLA’s and ensuring that the appropriate monitoring tools and metrics are in
place to measure and meet standards.
The manager will evaluate new
technologies, propose new services and solutions, and guarantee the timely refresh of existing hardware and
software. The manager also formulates business cases, provides budgetary guidance, and works with project
management and associated teams to ensure the successful implementation of projects.
This position is responsible for
engaging in vendor negotiations and maintaining key relationships. The manager develops yearly capital and expense
budgets and is responsible for the adherence to those budgets.
The manager is accountable for the
creation of training and development plans for all direct reports. Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring
skills are a prerequisite.
- Performs strategic planning,
evaluation, certification, and sets direction for all networking (wired and wireless) and telecommunications
infrastructures, as well as the associated software.
- Estimates and budgets
- Shares knowledge and develops skills
of team members through coaching and feedback.
- Supports configuration, performance
tuning, capacity planning, problem resolution, and user support functions for applications and
- Designs, implements and supports
wireless technologies in office and mine environments, while adhering to security standards.
- Effectively able to diagnose and
troubleshoot network and telecommunications issues.
- Initiates and maintains contact with
vendor representatives for technical support, maintenance, upgrades, and availability
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of
current Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. standards, policies, procedures and audit requirements. Communicates with intra and
inter-department team members as required, as well as members of technical and project management teams. Fulfills
administrative and technical leadership duties as required.
- Takes a leadership role in
projects/initiatives and works within the established PMO framework.
- Manages the efficient integration of
enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and Internet circuits.
- Manages and ensures the optimal
operation of all network equipment including: routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, UPSs, etc.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements
cost-effective solutions to complex business problems according to user specifications.
- Monitors and identifies capacity and
performance issues to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems.
- Modifies and optimizes network and
telecommunications systems to accommodate additional service needs or required changes.
- Works with business partners to
establish service level agreements based on user requirements.
- Effectively allocates resources
(technology and personnel) based on requirements, available capacity, and future growth.
- Conducts testing and development of
disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and ensure recovery using back-up
- Administers all contracts for
network and telecommunications equipment and services.
- Prepares budget recommendations,
analyzes invoices, performs usage audits and makes cost saving recommendations.
- Manages and provides on-going
guidance to develop members of the team.
- Performs additional duties as
directed by the Director of Enterprise Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science
or an equivalent degree.
- Certification in one or more of the
- Microsoft -
- Cisco Certified Network Credentials
– CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred; mining experience
is a plus.
- 10+ years of industry experience including network, wireless, and
telecommunication system integration within a corporate IT environment. Including the following:
- TCP/IP network design, support,
security and management.
- Managing and supporting enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs,
- Experience troubleshooting hardware; servers, routers, bridges,
switches, hubs, NIC, etc.
- Support of Cisco based switches, routers, wireless and security
- Experience managing and maintaining F5 load balancers and Palo
- 5+ years of experience with
- At least 3 years of experience
designing and maintaining wide area file acceleration systems (Riverbed Steelhead is
- 3-5 years of experience designing
and maintaining VOIP technology (preferably Cisco Unity) and mobility management systems.
- Proven experience documenting systems configurations, processes
- Ability to communicate with and
understand the needs of non-technical constituents, both internal and external.
- Hands-on experience with the configuration and support of Apple
mobile devices (iPhone/iPad), including mobile device management solutions.
- Experience supporting video conferencing.
- Working technical knowledge of current Internet and network
protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Fundamental understanding of information technology, mobile
technology and related platforms.
- Hands-on implementation experience
leading and/or delivering medium to large telecommunication projects.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, installation and
- Ability to research, prepare, and
present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade
- Ability to read and interpret
technical documents and procedure manuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven
analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and ability to commute between Cleveland and Canton on
an as needed basis.
- Experience working in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Successful candidate must be detail
oriented, well organized, assertive, and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal
- Outstanding presentation skill to
other team members and to management team.
- Leadership and strong interpersonal
skills; results-driven, team player
- Creative problem solving and
- Candidates should be highly motivated and willing to learn new
practices as required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, peers and