|Location:||Cleveland, OH||Country:||United States||Job Code:||2806||Position Type:||Salary|
Founded in 1847,
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest and oldest independent iron ore mining company in the United States. We are a
major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry from our mines and pellet plants located
in Michigan and Minnesota. Additionally, we operate an iron ore mining complex in Western Australia. By 2020,
Cliffs expects to be the sole producer of hot briquetted iron (HBI) in the Great Lakes region with the development
of its first production plant in Toledo, OH. Driven by the core values of safety, social, environmental and
capital stewardship, our employees endeavor to provide all stakeholders with operating and financial transparency.
For more information, visithttp://www.clevelandcliffs.com
Thank you for your interest in exploring a career opportunity with
Cleveland-Cliffs. Our Career site is updated daily with new opportunities, so please check back
Summary of Principal Functions:
The Benefits Administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group
benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible
spending plan, and retirement plan). The Benefits Administrator also provides excellent customer service, monitors
benefits administration and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits
Specific Responsibilities (in priority order):
- Acts as the primary contact for employee benefit inquiries. upports and participates in new hire
- Serves as a resource for management and an advocate for employees in effectively and
efficiently resolving employee benefit issues
- Sorts and prioritizes inquiries, resolving those that are
minor in nature and escalating more complex issues to Corporate Benefits management for handling
benefit systems and all vendor systems by processing benefit enrollments, status changes, terminations and
COBRA.Processes disability claims, accident claims and death claims.
- Maintains group benefits databases
with Businessolver. Provides the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide
system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Liaison with insurance carriers, third party
administrators, vendors and government agencies with regard to the benefit plan administration and claim
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers
for payment of administrative fees for certain group plans.
- Perform administrative task related to the
Company’s benefit programs including compliance mailings, Annual Enrollment mailings, and other benefit
announcements, as well as other Benefit administrative tasks
- Assist with plan interpretations and
- Assist in benefits audits with outside auditors.Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial
- Provide support in various benefit projects and administration, such as upgrading systems and
functionality testing as requested
- Coordinate and conduct benefit communications, including open
enrollment presentations and training
- Remain up-to-date on all HR laws, especially those that pertain to
benefit plans (especially FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, ERISA, etc.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of employee benefits administration experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and experience in
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide exceptional
follow through and be customer-service driven
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding
of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience in Microsoft Office
Must be willing to travel up to 10% and provide meaningful interactions with site leadership that translate into
- Adaptability - The ability to adapt to working effectively within a variety of situations; adapts
enthusiastically to organizational change and to changes in job demands; approaches change in a positive manner;
quickly adjusts and changes behavior to deal effectively with the change.
- Building Partnerships -
Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas,
teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting
with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; one who
demonstrates honesty, commitments and behaves in a consistent manner; remains open to ideas and listens to
others’ ideas; supports others by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Communication - The
ability to effectively express ideas in written and oral context; organizes communications by clarifying purpose
and importance; one who maintains audience attention; ensures understanding and seeks input from
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing
data from different sources to draw conclusions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and
probable consequences; one who commits to action and implements and initiates action in a reasonable
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals
beyond what is required; being proactive; one who responds quickly and takes immediate action; one who takes
independent action and goes above and beyond.
- Learning Through Vision and Values - Keeping the
organizations vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action; one who communicates the
importance of the vision and values and helps others to understand; moves others to action; models the vision and
values and rewards individuals for supporting the organization’s visions and values.
- Negotiation -
Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all
parties; one who clarifies the situation and identifies points of agreement/disagreement; stays focused on task;
develops ideas; facilitates agreement.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that
affect employee safety; upholding safety standards; one who identifies safety issues and problems, takes
corrective action and monitors the corrective action.
- Strategic Decision Making - The ability to develop
strategies and goals that recognize business issues, opportunities, and environment; obtaining information and
identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course